Enrolment - Transfers

School Government Transfers

School transfers from one Government school site to another school should only occur at, the start of the school year (before the first day of school) or the middle of the school year (before term 3 commences).

Transfers outside this arrangement should meet the following conditions

  • The student residence changes and is now closer to a different Government school (where requested)

  • A transfer is sought from an Australian school outside the state system.

  • A transfer is requested (other than in those instances cited above) by a parent/guardian, and each school's Principal supports the request.

  • A student is expelled from school - For students of compulsory school age, the Principal of the school from which the student has been expelled is responsible for ensuring enrolment in another school or registered training organisation; in consultation with the regional office.

  • For all other transfers where the parent appeals against the Principal's decision not to enrol, the transferring Principal makes recommendations to the Regional Director, and the Regional Director determines approval.